Saturday, September 16, 2006

Where I’ve Come From

I got into computers at a young age, I first started using computers in Earlsheaton high school. I used the computers to make simple spreadsheets and word processing. We also made simple designs of rooms. In year 10 I started doing a GNVQ in ICT. On the course I used applications such as MS Word, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher, MS Excel, and MS FrontPage. From this course I achieved three passes.

After this I went to St John Fishers Six Form to do a double AVCE in ICT but I didn’t find the course for interesting as it seemed to be the same as the GNVQ that I had just done so I decided to have the rest of the year out of education. After this I enrolled on the BTEC for IT practitioners in information technology at Wakefield College. On the course I gained an all around background of IT. I used applications such as Word, Access, Excel, FrontPage, Notepad, C++, PowerPoint. I also did a bit on the hardware side of computers such as putting a computer together, networking two computers together and also networking a room of computers together. On this course I achieved a MMP.

Where I’m At Now

From the BTEC course I realised that I liked building websites and would like to get more experience in that area of IT, so I decided to enrol on the HND Interactive Media course. From the course I hope to be able to build a series of functional websites using new software such as Dream Weaver, Flash and Photoshop. These will allow me do integrate my own graphics into a website and also use some animation on the site as well. I would also like to find out how the industry works and is this the industry for me.

Where I Want To Go

If I get the grades I need from the course I plan to do a top up year at university to get the full degree at the best grade possible for me. From this I hope to go into a commercial business to actually find out how the business works and work as part of a team making products for clients.
After I get a bit of experience in web site deign I hope to become a freelance website designer working for my self and then getting my own team of people and working for my own clients.

No comments: